Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You heard it first here

Today is Tuesday. I managed to write yesterday despite feeling so boxed up and tight and closed that it took effort and some luck to get a single word out. Today is the opposite. Today I feel more open. More ready to face things. I looked outside this morning at the Hydrangeas. They dared me to be sad, to feel sorry for myself, to feel inadequate--while still taking them in. Of course they won. Sitting there looking at the plump angels play with the big insane blueness behind them--all of them blooming for me. All of my gifts in front of me. The Universe seemed to be saying--Is it really that bad? Is life really hard or really easy? Only I get to decide. Today I choose easy. Today I choose faith in the dirt, in the rain, in the babies with their sticky hot bodies, and in the people, my people--wandering around here, like me, and like him, confused, trying, being ok, just for another day, hanging on as the earth spins around. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment