Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 blogging

I've really fallen off on my blogging. The holidays were busy. Today I am at home because we got around two feet of snow in Bennington last night. I spent part of my morning looking at friends facebook profiles and ended up somehow feeling like the underachiever of the century. I know rationally that I am not that I do good work, have a great family etc but the contrast and compare game runs deep. I wonder if this is at all connected to anything about addiction or if it is just something that everyone struggles with? In an effort to elimate this ridiculous tendency from my being I am trying to write about it. It seems so silly when I read it. So negative and so not happiness producing. The negative thinking surly was/is a symptom of the problem of addiction. Happy, secure people do not drink themselves into an oblivion every night right? Ok, so knowing that I have this tendency to compare myself (unfavorably) to people now all I have to do is stop. Easier said then done. Maybe later today after the kids have a nap then I'll figure out how to be happy wiht myself as I am and stop comparing what I havent done with what everyone else has. Ugh. On a happy note, I have been running much more lately and feeling better as a result. Who knew that a water bottle that says Sweat at least once a day would help so much. x

No comments:

Post a Comment