Thursday, January 28, 2010

all you need is love

Tonite I had the distinct pleasure of spending time with some friends. Two friends, for many hours. We had tea and more tea and I tried to knit and watched them hook rugs. I layed on my friends big couch under a big wool blanket and ate peanut m&ms. We talked about being wives, mothers, employees. I was not feeling bad before I arrived but I was feeling good when I left. Happy. Connected to a universe that is much bigger then me and my small challenges. When I was leaving my friends house I looked up at the big almost round moon. I felt the cold snowy air. I breathed the clear magic that was all around me. I experienced another moment of gratitude. And a very rare moment of certainty followed. A certainty about myself, my feelings, my me. In a world that is often filled with self doubt (for me) it can be hard to feel totally myself, to feel totally accepted, to feel safe and ok with everything really on the table and yet--I do. For tonite I feel certain of myself in a way that I either have never had before or was never aware of--at least not sober. On this crazy windy cold almost full moon without any elicit substances and without any bad behavior--I heard my own voice, tell my own story and be proud of who I have become. The magic of friends and love never ceases to amaze me. Thank you universe. Good nigt Moon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment